Delta-8 THC is a very popular product and everyone out there has a special place for Delta-8 in their hearts. But not everyone has yet tried Delta-8 and if you are someone who hasn’t tried it yet and are wondering about Delta-8 and its effects. Then we are going to answer all questions in this article.
What is Delta-8 THC?
Delta-8 THC is one of the minor cannabinoids found in cannabis plants. The effects of Delta-8 THC are very similar to that of Delta-9 THC. Delta-8 THC can be extracted from both marijuana and hemp, but only Delta-8 extracted from hemp is legal, provided it contains less than 0.3 % of THC by dry weight.
How does Delta-8 THC make you feel?
Usually, the consumption of Delta-8 THC leads to euphoria in simple terms being “high”. This is the basic effect of using Delta-8. But there are many different mental and physical effects as reported by users that differ based on several factors such as person, dosage, and product.
Some of the effects after consumption of Delta-8-
- Uplifted mood- Usually the use of Delta-8 leads to an uplifted mood and makes you feel pleasant. This is the major reason why people tend to consume Delta-8 before bed.
- May be Increased body awareness- This is very common; many people have confessed that their senses become sharp once they consume Delta-8. The is also accompanied by increased creativity and focus.
- Maybe Tranquillity- This is the feeling of being calm. Delta-8 would make you feel like your mind is at peace and everything seems beautiful. It’s just very similar to meditation.
- Maybe Energetic- If you take a limited dose of Delta-8 then you can feel a sudden surge of power in your body. This is great to motivate you and get you going.
Along with mental effects, there are also some effects on the physical body that you should know before you start consuming Delta-8 THC-
There are also many other mental and physical effects but they differ from person to person.
How long do the Delta-8 effects last?
The effects of Delta-8 take longer to kick in, but the good part is they last longer. The actual duration varies due to several factors. This depends majorly on the method of consumption. Different methods of consumption sustain effects for different durations, such as-
- Delta-8 THC Tinctures- Tinctures are similar to Oil, and are to be consumed by dropping some under the Oil. This connects it directly to the nervous system and would take anywhere between 20-40 minutes, based on your consumption and dosage. The effects would last up to 5-6 hours.
- Delta-8 THC Vape Carts– Vapes are tube-shaped structures that can be smoked, it is a great alternative to traditional flowers. This is the fastest method of consumption it would kick in approx. 6-8 minutes. The time Delta-8 would take to kick in through Vaping depends on the person and product as well. The average lasting period of Vapes is anywhere between 2-3 hours.
- Delta-8 THC Edibles- This is to be directly consumed as food. Examples of edibles include gummies, chocolates, etc. They would take anywhere between 30- 90 minutes to kick in and would last anywhere from 6-8 hours.
The effects of Delta-8 last for a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 10 hours. The duration and onset would also depend on your tolerance level for Delta-8. If you have consumed other cannabis products before, then there are chances that you may have a higher tolerance level.
The ideal dose for first-time users?
If you are a new user, new to cannabis, and haven’t tried any products yet, then it is recommended to start small and gradually build your way up. It would be better for you if you start with 5-10mg.
If you are someone who has tried other cannabis products before, then you can start with your expected tolerance level, or 10-25mg if you feel good, you can continue. And if you feel it’s a bit too high for you, then you can reduce the dosage.
The effects of Delta-8 THC are lighter than those of Delta-9 THC. If you are someone who has consumed Delta-9 before, then you may go smooth while using Delta-8.
How you can customize your experience and effects while using Delta-8 THC?
The effect experienced after consuming Delta-8 is based on several factors and you can customize them to get your desired effects.
You can tune the effects by changing the method of consumption.
- Delta-8 THC Tinctures- These are easy to consume directly connect with the nervous system and provide strong effects. Tinctures are produced by soaking Hemp in alcohol, so you can find the dual taste of both alcohol and Delta-8. Also, these are combined with some sort of oil that would help you with better digestion.
- Delta-8 THC Edibles– This is a great option if you are not a fan of the bitter taste of hemp. Edibles are your everyday products such as chocolates and gummies that are made using Delta-8 as a primary ingredient. You can find various flavours of gummies and chocolates to choose from.
- Delta-8 THC- If you have previously smoked Hemp flowers or cigarettes, then you would like Vape. They not only kick in fast but are easy to consume and provide a pleasant experience. Also, these are reusable as you would just need to replace the cartridge and you can try new flavours every time.
You can also tune the effects by trying different ingredients-
- Strains- There is a wide variety of strains for you to choose from, you can find different Delta-8 products with different strains. Each strain also has its individual effects which you try.
- Terpenes- These are aromatic compounds, that are responsible for the fragrance of the product. They have different neuroprotective properties that can enhance your experience. examples of terpenes are myrcene, humulene, etc.
Many other contributors can enhance your overall Delta-8 experience. And also try to go with full-spectrum hemp extracts rather than a broad- spectrum.