For someone who likes cannabis, summers can be pretty annoying. There are various reasons, apart from the high heat, why people do not want to smoke cannabis. Moreover, the edibles available in the market are processed and not much fun to taste.
There is nothing to worry about, as one can still enjoy the cannabis effect in the summer with some tasty recipes.
These summer edible recipes will not only give a THC kick but, at the same time, help you beat the heat in summer. It is not a time to waste, and you must try out some of the best summer cannabis recipes that we are going to enlist in this post.
– 1 cup butter
– 3.5g dried cannabis flower
– Double boiler or crackpot
– Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth
– Digital thermometer
– Sealing mason jar
– Weighing scale for cannabis
- Preheat your oven to 245°F and prepare a baking tray.
- Make sure to grind and scatter your cannabis flower properly and put it in the baking tray. Keep it in the oven for 20 minutes to decarboxylate to make a perfect summer edible recipe.
- Take the flower out of the oven and put it in the Mason jar along with butter to add to your summer edible recipe. Also, make sure to place a piece of wax paper on the top of the jar before tightening the lid.
- Put the jar aside on a boiler and fill it with water to the level of the mixture in the jar.
- Allow it to simmer for 4 to 8 hours. Do not forget to stir it every 30 to 60 minutes. Do not forget that while you are using a crackpot, 4 to 6 hours of simmering will do the work for your summer edible recipe.
- Use a thermometer to check the temperature and make sure that it remains between 180 to 200°F for a perfect summer edible recipe. Also, make sure to add more water to your pot, as the water will evaporate throughout the process.
- After infusion, remove the jar and keep it aside to get cool so that you can touch it.
- Remove the butter into a flat glass container. Make sure to cut vertical slices of the cannabis butter as it will settle down at the bottom of the jar. It will ensure consistency throughout the pieces.
Calculate the potency properly and store it in the fridge in a jar for future use.
Cannabis-infused french toast
– Eight slices of Texas toast or any other bread of your preference with a thickness of ¾ inches
– 3-4 tbsp of cannabutter. Make sure that it is potent as per your tolerance
– 4-5 eggs
– 1 cup milk
– ¾ cup sugar
– 3 tbsp maple syrup
– 1 tbsp vanilla extract
– Salt to taste
– Powdered sugar
– Fruits and better for topping
- Keep your butter out of the fridge an hour before so that it starts to soften. Make sure that your oven is preheated up to 350°F and lightly grease the baking dish with non-infused butter to make one of the best summer edible recipes.
- On each side of the bread, spread the cannabutter and arrange the slices on the greased baking dish.
- Take a separate mixing bowl and add eggs, milk, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Whisk until it is completely blended.
- Pour this mixture on the bread slices, which are kept aside in the baking dish, and let it soak for at least five minutes to get one of the summer edible recipes.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake it for 45 minutes. Make sure to keep a check on the bread and take it out if the toast is golden brown before 45 minutes.
Serve the finished toast with powdered sugar, and do not forget to add the fruits, berries, and syrup of your choice to taste one of the perfect summer edible recipes.
Blueberry grilled cheese
– Two slices of asiago cheese bread
– White cheddar or Havarti cheese
– Fresh spinach
– ½ cup of blueberries, fresh or frozen, as per availability
– 1 tbsp water
– 3 tbsp honey
– Dash of black pepper
– 1 tbsp cannabutter at room temperature / unflavored cannabis tincture
- Take a small saucepan and combine blueberries with water and honey.
- Crush the blueberries properly with a fork and cook over low heat for 5 to 8 minutes. When it is starting to cook, add black pepper to get a spicy taste in this summer edible recipe.
- Increase the temperature to medium heat and boil the blueberries for five minutes until the paste is thick. Make sure to stir it occasionally.
- If you have decided to use tincture instead of cannabutter, make sure that you add the desired dose to the mixture after you remove it from the heat to get the right consistency in your summer edible recipe.
- Put butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Now, put cheese on one slice of the bread where the butter is not applied. Spread the blueberry mixture prepared on top, add spinach and bacon, and put on the second bread slice.
- Now grill the sandwich on each side according to your preference. It takes at least 3 to 4 minutes until it is golden brown. It is always better to use a lead or pan to melt properly, and it gives the cheese proper melting time as well.
Serve hot, or you can also prepare the sandwich before you go for an outing outside. Keep it inside a silver foil to keep it warm for at least 30 minutes.
Easy fruit dip
– 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt
– 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
– ½ tbsp vanilla
– ½ tbsp cinnamon
– Fresh fruit for dipping. Take fruits that you love to eat as per your choice and taste.
– ½ cup granola
– Cannabis-induced tincture of choice with desired potency level and tolerance
- Thoroughly mix honey, yogurt, vanilla, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Now, divide the mixture into servings according to the number of people you have to serve. Add the desired amount of cannabis-infused tincture to each serving. The cannabis product you are adding here can be unevenly spread in different bowls so make sure to be very careful with the amount of tincture you are adding to each bowl for desired results only.
- It is time to add your favorite fruits and granola to each of the bowls that you are serving to your guests or family members.
You can prefer not to add the fruits directly into the mixture, but you can keep the fruits aside and use the mixture as a yummy dip for a fruity summer day. Either way, it is going to taste yummy and will give you taste and enjoyment at the same time.
If you are looking to have fun with an easy-to-make treat on a summer day, these are some of the must-try summer edible recipes. Here, you will find something for every person on your brunch party list, and if it is not for a party, you’ll like it yourself too.
These are all easy to make at home in your own kitchen. All you need to do is add a little more effort and planning to prepare a perfect cannabis-infused treat, and the dishes you make will do the rest.